|A short list.
||[Nov. 30th, 2005|10:39 am]
|||||click of keyboard||]|
Things that have been making me smile of late:
1. My morning bus ride.
2. Imagining I have super Chuck Norris powers, Surrepitiously pointing my finger at random attractive people on the bus (yeah, hotties gotta get to work, too)and whispering "Booya!"
3. Watching Bill O'Reilly go apoplectic on the Today show this morning as I waited to hear the weather.
4. The word "panties".
5. It used to disturb me -- make me paranoid. Now I like that I walk someplace and there are those who smile or laugh at/with me for no reason. It's nice to know that I can make someone smile and not do a thing.
6. One of the ladies I work with is a really sweet person. She's making a birthday dinner for her father tonight. None of this guy's other kids want to spend time with him. My co-worker explained that he's a very difficult old guy. She just decided one day to deal with it and not let him get to her for the most part. That made me smile; it also made me wish I could do the same with one of my brothers. Bastard. Everytime I see him I want to say: "Have another kid, why don't you -- with *another* girl! And catch a disease while you're at it!" My mom would kick my ass, though.
7. My "good" brother got a tattoo as a tribute to our oldest brother who died earlier this year. Hands clasped in prayer, birth and death dates beneath. I reminded him to put Neosporin on it.
8. Making fun of Dumbass. Juvenile, I know. She just brings out the catty junior high girl I never was. "I've worked in administration for 20 years!" Whatever. That's why you have to write yourself notes to take your work up to where it's supposed to be. That's why you stare at the screen like it's an aerospace equation.
9. Bad smells. I'm one of those people who eagerly runs to the kitchen and asks: "The milk is bad? How old is it? Let *me* smell! Ewwwwww!....Let me smell it again!"
10. Looking forward to meeting with theperfumer for coffee.