||[Feb. 25th, 2005|01:10 pm]
|||||click of keyboard||]|
10 things I have done that you probably haven’t, but your ok anyhow, and if you did do them that’s ok too.
1) I had five ear infections in one year as a child.
2) I was in the hospital for a week while getting tested for dwarfism and my parents wrung their hands whether to give me growth hormones. *rolls eyes* Obvioulsy they decided against. Seriously, they made the right choice.
3) I met Steve Stevens, guitarist for Billy Idol. He was so nice. But I froze up and couldn't talk to him. Sucks. I wanted to ask to be his guitar protoge.
4) I put a sheet over my head and threw myself down the stairs just to see what it felt like. There were so many kids around that my mom didn't notice. I was at the bottom of the stairs entwined in the sheet, laughing my ass off and wanting to do it again.
5) After having some hearing loss for years without my mom noticing, i finally had tubes surgically put into my ears to drain the fluid. I could hear better after that, but I allowed myself to ignore some people, feining deafness. It was junior high. Easier to pretend you didn't hear a thing.
6) I was the first girl that my tattooist in Chicago DIDN'T see crying with the pain of their first tattoo. I also didn't bleed much. He said he was unnerved. i simply go to my happy place ;)
7) I climbed and repelled down a 70 foot cliff in eigth grade. Going down was fun. Climbing sucked, but I was proud.
8) I had at least a pound removed from each breast -- on purpose. GODS could I sleep better after that operation. And less back pain.
9) I went to England for a week with no housing plans. I had a blast, though. I wandered London alone a bit. Then went to visit my pen pal -- finally met him in person after writing for 14 years.
10) I was paid $1,000 for an essay that was never published. I finally called to ask them why. Now the magazine says they won't use because they're trying to go more mainstream. Which I am not. I got to keep the money, though!